We don't use harmful inks or chemicals at The Print Room. So our garments are not harmful for you or the environment.
Our inks are non-toxic and chemical free, meaning they are much safer to use and are safer for the environment.
Our inks are fasting curing & require a low temperature & flash time, enabling us to reduce our engery usage.
Water-based inks have a very soft hand feel and high stretch performance, which means they will wear well over time.
We use a higher mesh count for water-based ink, which enables us to lay less ink down, which leaves a softer print for the wearer.
Our Eco-Friendly Inks are 100% waterbased inks that are free from harmful, toxic chemicals like plastisol inks that are the norm in our industry. For years the screen printing industry has been price point driven. Plastisol inks have ruled supreme; in New Zealand, they are cheaper to buy, cheaper to print with and commercially, easier to work with.
We are innovators.
In 2018 we made the switch from printing with plastisol inks to using only water-based inks. It wasn't easy. Technically speaking, it is much harder to print with but the results are worth it. Not only are we able to offer a long lasting, vibrant screen printing that is super soft to touch, but we can get rid of the toxic chemicals used to clean up the plastisol inks. We sent our staff abroad to learn how to use water-based ink across the whole shop floor on all garments. The softer feel of the print has our clients going crazy for more water-based printed tees and after educating them on the environmental benefits, they are hooked.
What you need to know
1. Our Inks are free from harmful, toxic chemicals making them safer for the environment, our production staff & the wearer.
2. Our inks are fast curing and require low temperatures & quick flash times, enabling us to reduce our energy usage.
3. We use higher mesh count screens for our water-based inks, which enables us to put down less ink than we traditionally would with plastisol inks, which is great for the t-shirt wearer (you get a softer print!) but also for reducing ink use.
4. Water-based inks have a very soft hand feel and high stretch performance, which means they wear really well over time.
5. We've been able to remove harmful solvents from our screen cleanup & reclaim.